This 8 Hour CO SAFE Comprehensive CE: 2020 Edition classroom course is approved by the NMLS and contains instruction on federal law, ethics, non-traditional mortgage guidelines, as well as pertinent information meeting all requirements associated with CE for the State of Colorado.
Section 1: Ethics and Nontraditional Mortgage Products
- Introduction to the Multistate Mortgage Committee
- Notices and Advertising
- Consumer Notice Requirements and Agreements
- Regulation B, Appraisal Notice
- Regulation B, Notice of Action Taken/Adverse Action
- E-Sign Act –Consumer Consent
- Regulation X, Homeownership Counseling Organizations Lists
Section 2: VA and FHA Updates
- Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act of 2019
- VA Office of Inspector General
- Highlights from the VA 2019 Lenders Conference
- FHA Quality Assurance, Mortgagee Review Board
- HUD Inspector General Report on Ineligible Loans
Section 3: Regulation Z, TRID Disclosures, RESPA
- Correct and Incorrect Loan Estimate Delivery
- Appropriate Loan Estimate Tolerances
- Closing Disclosure
- TILA Advertising Trigger Terms, Appropriate Disclosure
- Ability-To-Repay, Non-QM and QM Underwriting Methodologies
- Privacy Matters under Regulation P and the FCRA
Section 4: Colorado State Law Update and Case Study
- Colorado Mortgage Loan Originator Licensing and Mortgage Company Registration Act
- Division of Real Estate
- Colorado Advertising Specific Requirements
- Colorado Consumer Protection Act
- State Specific Disclosure Requirements
- Board of MLO Authority
- Disciplinary Actions
- Live Classroom
- Fulfills 2020 CO 8HR NMLS CE Requirement
- All Course Material Included
Who Should Attend:
Any mortgage professional needing to satisfy their CO 8 hour CE requirement who doesn’t want the same old boring material read straight from a book or slides.
Upon successful course completion, your CE credits will be posted with NMLS within 2-4 business days.
There is no deadline, but classes do occasionally fill up. It is highly recommended you reserve your spot early for the live session.
NMLS charges $1.50 per credit hour to upload CE credits. You will not be charged additionally for this as this fee is already factored into the cost of the course.